Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detailed Information on Sinusitis
[size=4][b]Sinus Symptoms - Detailed Information on Sinusitis[/b][/size][hr]Sinusitis is an inflammation or infection of the air pockets on either side of and behind the nose. It is traditionally subdivided into acute , subacute , and chronic. It can be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi (molds) and possibly by allergies. About 15-20 % of the population has a chronic sinusitis (meaning lasting longer than 3 weeks). It can cause a tremendous amount of suffering. Acute sinusitis is usually precipitated by an earlier upper respiratory tract infection, generally of viral origin. Virally damaged surface tissues are then colonized by bacteria, most commonly Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Staphylococcus aureus. Chronic sinusitis, sinusitis that persists for at least 3 weeks, affects an estimated 32 million people in the United States.

Americans spend millions of dollars each year for medications that promise relief from their sinus symptoms. The causes are multifactorial and may include allergy, environmental factors such as dust or pollution, bacterial infection, or fungus (either allergic, infective, or reactive). Non allergic factors such as Vasomotor rhinitis can also cause chronic sinus problems. Sinuses are hollow air spaces, of which there are many in the human body. Symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, fatigue, cough and congestion. There may also be mucus drainage in the back of the throat, called postnasal drip. Treatments include antibiotics, decongestants and pain relievers. Therapy for bacterial sinusitis should include an appropriate antibiotic.Using heat pads on the inflamed area. If there is the slightest possibility of you not getting to understand the matter that is written here on Acute Sinusitis, we have some advice to be given. Use a dictionary!

[size=large][b]Sinusitis Treatment and Prevention Tips[/b][/size][hr]1. Vitamin C is also very beneficial for sinusitis. 2. Vitamins like A and C are very much responsible to treat and to prevent sinusitis This article serves as a representative for the meaning of Sinusitis Treatment in the library of knowledge. Let it represent knowledge well. :o.

Quote:[list][*]Drinking plenty of fluids to keep nasal discharge thin. 6.[*]Using an oral decongestant or a short course of nasal spray decongestant[/list]

[list][*]Don't use a nose spray with a decongestant in it for more than 3 days. 4.[*]Fenugreek is considered as most effective home remedy for sinusitis.[/list]

[size=large][b]Saline Nasal Sprays and Vaporizers can Also Help[/b][/size][hr]Apply moist heat by holding a warm, wet towel against your face or breathing in steam through a cloth or towel. Don't use a nose spray with a decongestant in it for more than 3 days. If you use it for more than 3 days, the swelling in your sinuses may get worse when you stop the medicine. Sip hot liquids and drink plenty of fluids. Surgery should be considered only if medical treatment fails or if there is a nasal obstruction that cannot be corrected with medications. If you have allergies, try to avoid contact with things that trigger attacks. Drinking plenty of fluids to keep nasal discharge thin. Avoiding air travel. If you must fly, use a nasal spray decongestant before take-off to prevent blockage of the sinuses allowing mucus to drain. Big Grin.

[size=large][b]Sinus Infection Plagues Million of People in the World[/b][/size][hr]A person's whole life style changes when he is suffering from sinusitis. He not only suffers physical change but also psychological change. Conditions that accompany sinus are nasal congestion, extended thick yellow nasal discharge or thin and clear discharge in mild cases, long-lasting front headache, and fever with a sore throat in some cases. There is a wide array of treatments and medications for sinusitis like allopathic medication, herbal, ayurvedic and Chinese as well. Many go in for natural remedies as it seem to more effective and the results are long lasting. Use of harsher drugs like antibiotics or steroidal prescriptions for a longer period can upset the body system.

[size=large][b]The Immune System Gets Weakened Due to Prolonged Infection[/b][/size][hr]In order to boost the immune system herbal medications like echinacea and golden seal are really helpful. Garlic and eyebright are also very helpful in fighting inflammation. Lozenges made from zinc taken at the onset of cold have proved to really helpful to many people. Wink

[list][*]Vaporizers and humidifiers are generally used to ease stuffiness and to help relieve inflamed sinuses.[*]A cool mist vaporizer can be really helpful in providing moisture to the sinuses and encourage healing.[/list]

[b]Now days many natural therapies like food therapy, hydrotherapy, juice therapy, reflexology, vitamin and mineral therapy and Yoga put to use cure sinus.[/b]

Colloidal silver is another remedy really helpful to cure sinus. Silver can be used as a nasal rinse as it provides relief to many people who suffer with chronic sinusitis or it can be taken orally to improve the immune system. New medication in the form of oxygen supplement is becoming very popular. The supplement increases the cellular oxygenation which stalls the infection. It is only if you find some usage for the matter described here on Sinusitis Relief that we will feel the efforts put in writing on Sinusitis Relief fruitful. So make good usage of it!

Many of the natural remedies include using vaporizers, herbal cures, colloidal silver solutions, nasal sprays and supplements to boost the immune system. It has been seen that people who suffering from chronic sinusitis get good relief from natural remedies. Acupressure is also another natural remedy that helps relieve the sinus pressure and pain and it does not have any side effects. We do hope that you find the information here something worth recommending others to read and think about once you complete reading all there is about Sinusitis.

After two painful sinus operations which didn't resolve my problems, I started using pulsating nasal irrigation with a saline solution, and since then my health has improved dramatically. Instead of 2-3 or more sinus infections per year I have had two infections in 7 years, and those only occurred after long 24 hour trips from overseas when my resistance was way down. I used to get colds all the time, but now I watch others with colds and remark to myself how I never get them any more! Needless to say, I'm sold on pulsating sinus irrigation. (Note- I tried using a Neti Pot, but that method didn't work for me at all. There is something about the fast pulses of water that is particularly effective.)

[list][*]However, I honestly think that everyone should use pulsating nasal irrigation, not just sinus sufferers.[*]It's just a guess, but I would be willing to bet that everyone would eliminate on average one cold per year using pulsating nasal irrigation.[*]At $100 per doctor visit and countless more on drugs, the level of savings would be in the billions.[*]And this is not to mention gains in productivity and avoidance of the misery of living with a cold and resulting sinus infection in many cases.[/list]

Of course the standard nasal and throat irrigation tips are also available, and these do most of the "heavy lifting". The mist producing tips can make for additional comfort and relief, but these don't do the whole job and only use about 2 oz. of saline solution. 16 oz. of solution are used with each of the regular tips for nasal and throat irrigation using the SinuPulse Elite'. I personally do nasal irrigation twice a day because that regimen gives me great results. Some allergy sufferers only use the machine during allergy season, and that is all they need and works fine for them. Other people only use it when they feel like a cold is coming on. People have an inclination of bragging on the knowledge they have on any particular project. However, we don't want to brag on what we know on Nasal Irrigation, so long as it proves useful to you, we are happy.

The SinuPulse Elite' unit also comes with 30 packets of saline solution, and there is a user guide that explains exactly how to use the machine and how to mix a saline solution just using non-iodized salt if you prefer, rather than purchasing more saline packets. You will learn the gravity of Sinus Survival once you are through reading this matter. Sinus Survival are very important, so learn its importance.

[size=large][b]How Most Colds and Allergies Get Started[/b][/size][hr]How do you think most colds or allergies get started in your body? Bacteria, viruses, pollen and other pollutants enter your system through your nose, of course. If you wash all this gunk out on a daily basis, it only makes sense that you'll avoid colds, infections, and allergy attacks. We have gone through extensive research and reading to produce this article on Sinus. Use the information wisely so that the information will be properly used.

[list][*]New sinus irrigation machine has recently been introduced called the SinuPulse Elite', and I've been using one for several weeks.[*]This article will discuss the machine and the results I've had.[*]If you find anything extra mentioning about Sinus Infection, do inform us.[*]It is only through the exchange of views and information will we learn more about Sinus Infection.[/list]

[size=large][b]Skeptical At First[/b][/size][hr]When something works, you are reluctant to change. Just because a new machine came along, I wasn't ready to jump in with both feet. However, my old machine broke down, and I obviously needed a new one. I wanted to stick with "old faithful", but I had to face the fact that this machine was the second one that broke down on me in a little over a year. The machine was very good, but the salt solution I used must have taken its toll.

[size=large][b]New Features- Mist Irrigation Attachments for Nose and Throat[/b][/size][hr]The SinuPulse Elite' has some new features besides just normal nasal and throat irrigation. The unit comes with a mist producing irrigation tip which creates mist that can penetrate deeply and soothe nasal passages. It also comes with a mist producing throat irrigation tip and tongue cleaner. This attachment helps soothe the throat and tongue and also helps to remove food particles and bacteria that can cause bad breath.

[size=large][b]Simple and Natural Solution[/b][/size][hr]This is a simple and natural way to avoid colds, allergies, and sinus problems that is inexpensive and highly effective. I spend no more than 5 minutes or so with the procedure each time, and that includes clean up, which is very easy. Wink

You want to improve your health, get yourself a SinuPulse Elite' and use it daily. It feels a little funny at first and takes some getting-used-to (you don't normally have water going into one nostril and out the other), but it is really no big deal. Almost any good sinus book written in the past 5 years recommends nasal irrigation as a must-do to avoid sinus problems. After many hopeless endeavors to produce something worthwhile on Nasal Irrigation, this is what we have come up with. We are very hopeful about this!